Rules and Policies
- Valid government issued identification is required at the time of check in for all guests of the hostel. Photo copies will not be accepted.
- The entire hostel is no smoking.
- Check out time is 11am. Failure to check out by 11am will result in the charge of an additional night.
- Non-registered guests are not permitted in guest rooms.
- You may not exceed a room’s maximum occupancy. Single dorm beds are reserved for one person only. Double/Twin rooms are for two people. Failure to comply with this rule will result in the charge of an extra night.
- Towels and linens are provided free of charge. No bedding such as pillows or sleeping bags are allowed.
- When specified, dorm rooms are gender-specific in order to maintain the hostel’s security and privacy.
- Bags may be stored free of charge prior to check in. After check out, day storage is available for $1 per bag and overnight storage (past midnight) is available for $5 per bag per night.
- Guests may not bring alcohol on premise.
- Consumption of alcohol in guest rooms and areas other than the bar is not permitted.
- Food is not permitted in guest rooms.
- NYC residents are not permitted to stay.
- All guests must be 18 years of age.
- All guests must present a valid credit card in their name in order to check in.
- The maximum length of stay in any year is 21 days.
- A receptionist is on duty 24 hours. There is no curfew.
- If you come in late at night, please be respectful to other guests that may be sleeping. Enforced quiet hours are between 10:30pm and 9am.
- For long reservations or group reservations, a non-refundable deposit may be charged.
- The hostel reserves the right to charge any damages to the property and any unpaid portion of the bill to the credit card used to secure the booking.
- Animals are not allowed in guest rooms or in the cafe/bar.
- The hotel is not liable for lost, stolen, or damaged property.
- Failure to comply with the above rules may result in cancellation of the remaining reservation at the guest’s expense and/or penalty charges.
Accessibility of Public Spaces
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please review the details below to understand accommodations that The Local NY has provided to meet your needs.
- Accessible main entrance
- Accessible route to bar, registration desk, restrooms, ADA accessible rooms, guest kitchen, guest computers, event space
- Accessible seating in bar, event space and guest computer areas
- Accessible restrooms
- Accessible registration desk
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If at any time you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular space or our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.