Your wellness and safety are our priority during your stay at The Local. We want to update all guests on our COVID-19/Coronavirus response. We are monitoring the situation closely, and will post updates here as needed.
We’d like to reassure you about the steps we are taking to keep you safe and healthy during your stay.
· All surfaces are disinfected daily (or more) using sanitizing solutions designed to eliminate viruses, bacteria and other illness causing germs.
· Our linens are professionally laundered offsite at high temperatures.
· We’ve increase cleaning frequency related to high touch surface areas – doorknobs, sink faucets, keyboards, tables, etc.
· Although a hostel is a communal environment, there are aspects to preserve some separation between guests. All bunks have dividers providing a physical barrier between guests. Each room has its own private bathroom – with sink, toilet and shower. All rooms have individual ventilation systems.
Here are some best practices for keeping safe and healthy during your travels:
· Wash your hands often with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds – especially after riding public transportation or visiting high-traffic areas.
· Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing — do not use your hands.
· Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
· If you are feeling unwell and need medical attention during your visit, please reach out to us, and we will help you find the resources to get well.
All reservations booked through our website or directly with us via email/phone are fully refundable if you need to cancel for any reason up to 48-hours before your stay. Other third-party reservation sites have non-refundable reservations options. Please check on your confirmation or the booking site to see the full policies about your reservation. We are making some exceptions due to travel interruptions. You can see our updated policies here. If you have questions about your reservation – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use these resources for more information about staying healthy during your visit to the US and NYC. We look forward to hosting you during your stay and will make every effort to help keep you healthy and well.
Your Hosts at The Local